Monday, January 12, 2009

Sleepover Fun with Sydney!

Sydney had been asking if she could spend the night with us for awhile now, so Friday we made plans and she came over to stay. It was so cute. She had a rolling suitcase with all of her favorite things (even her ceramic toothbrush holder because according to her "I will just miss it". hehe).

So she came over around 5 and we played a little Rock Band (she loves to play drums) and after we were done we made dinner. We had hot dogs and veggies and then for dessert we had S'mores (marshmallows were roasted in the oven). She of course was more interested in the S'mores than anything else (She had two :)). So then we watched Meet the Robinson's and Tinkerbell. And I will admit, I actually liked the Tinkerbell movie. In fact, Sydney got bored in the middle of it and started jumping on the bed, and Heath and I stood there with our eyes glued to the TV. Pretty sad. Well after that we got Syd's jammers on, brushed her teeth, read her a book, and watched some illustrated scriptures off the LDS website. Then we said ours prayers and went to bed.

It was the longest night of my life. Only because I am not used to having children in our home, so I was constantly worried about her waking up or needing something. So we all tossed and turned all night and finally around 4:30 or so we got some good sleep. Then we woke up around 8:30 to eat breakfast. We had pancakes with strawberries and bacon and eggs (oh and if you ask Sydney she'll tell you we allowed her to put jellybeans on her pancakes.....and it's true! hehe, the perks of being the aunt and uncle). So then we got dressed, or should I say got Sydney dressed, and then barely had time for us to throw on some clothes before heading out to clean the church with Ben and Mer. I now know why mothers don't have time for themselves. :)

Needless to say we had a great time and the next day when she was tired and cranky from not getting sleep and having too much sugar we handed her back over to the parents. Hehe, how great! But seriously we really enjoyed having her over and are grateful every day for being so close to family and getting to enjoy things like this. We love spending time with them!

And to finish the weekend off we had a lot of fun with Joey and Kira, and I even worked on my apron that I am making with my new sewing machine from Christmas. I got a pocket done (Mom Breinholt would be proud!), woo hoo!

Hope you all had a fun weekend too! Love yah!

2 comments:

Kiera said...

I bet she had tons of fun! She came over to play friday morning and she was so excited to go to your house! I am glad you guys had fun!

Meredith said...

Thanks for having her over, she is STILL talking about it! We're just so uncool compared to Xhaxhi and Halla! Love you guys!