Monday, July 30, 2012

Mom and Dad Visit

After years in exile my mom and dad have finally returned to the promised land, if only for a short visit.  They flew in from SLC to DFW and then drove to Austin for a few days of fun and excitement.  Like all of my dad's vacations, he immediately looked for a project to work on.  Since I hadn't put down the baseboards in the living room dad was ready to go.  With his and mom's help we had them cut and put on in no time, including the traditional 5 trips to the Home Depot.  With all the hard work getting us hungry it was time for a food trip... Lockhart, here we come!!!  Lockhart is home to many great BBQ joints and we decided to show them the greatness of Black's. Dad was so hungry he ordered one of just about everything on the menu including a rib that looked like it came off a dinosaur.  


Here's my dad with his ginormous beef rib. It lasted for days.



With all the extra weight we were carrying a walk around Lockhart town square was needed and the beautiful scenery was just a bonus. 


Right before we left for DFW (to spend the rest of the week with my brother's and their families) we headed out to bowl a few games. It was a lot of fun. When we got back to DFW the partying continued.  Adrienne brought her work computer so she could work from her parent's house, and I mostly hung out with my family. We went swimming, we ate out, and we shot skeet (my favorite thing to do).  We went with my brother Ben's girls to Cabelas to watch them feed the fish and shoot at the laser arcade. When it was all over I did not want it to end.  It was sad to see mom and dad go and we can't wait for them to visit again. 

-Heath

No comments: