Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Happy Birthday Uncle Mattie!

Yesterday was my brother's birthday. I put together a little last minute surprise party for him. His roommate Neil took care of getting everyone there (I think there ended up being 11 people total), and we worked on getting Matt to actually show up. I tried to act cool and just send him a normal invitation to Dave and Buster's (a normal place we go) with Heath and I. He wasn't really biting. I was worried we'd have everyone there but Matt, but then he finally texted me after he got off work and said he'd meet us there. So we walked around playing a few games, and then his friends (and Heath) walked up behind us and started singing 'Happy Birthday'. It was awesome because he was truly surprised. I wish we had got a picture of that moment, but I didn't think about it. We had a great time eating, playing, and celebrating his birthday. I feel very grateful to have my brother in my life-my one and only sibling. We have always had our moments of bickering (like any brother and sister), but I'm glad for his example and caring love. I can always count on having a good time when he's around, and as you can see by the number of people who showed up for a last minute get together, I'm not the only one who thinks so.

Sitting down to eat after surprising the birthday boy.

Uncle Mattie getting a kiss from Sophie.

1 comment:

Meredith said...

hee hee so sweet! We love Mattie too, happy birthday (belated)!!