Thursday, May 22, 2008

What a trip!

So I am finally a Graduate! Yay! Graduation was perfect. We just went out with some family to a local restraunt and it was a lot of fun. Four days later we left for Utah and had a blast with Heath's family. I even hiked a mountain! A mountain! Just saying it twice for all you unbelievers out there (mainly me). After we hiked a mile and a half up we went through some caves ( This was quite a feat for me considering I am claustrophobic) and then we hiked down another mile and a half. Needless to say I hurt for about three days following but it felt great to do something like that! We did lots of other great things too. We visited the Bountiful Temple and did some family history work. The Temple was covered with these beautiful huge tulips and it was just a wonderful time. We also went downtown and looked around Temple Square, saw the new Joseph Smith movie at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building, and ate lunch at the Lion House. We had a ton of fun! It is so surreal to be back in Texas today but we love it here, it just feels like home to us. Now that we are back into the "real world" it is job hunting time for me and school applying time for Heath. Welcome back!

3 comments:

The Chaffin's said...

Sounds like you guys had a good time!!!! We leave for Utah tomorrow morning and I'm SOOO excited! Hope all is going well with ya.

Tara said...

YAY! You're BACK! I've missed my Halla! I'm glad you had fun and that you're out of the bubble now! haha. I hope I will see you soon! XOXO

Kiera said...

I am so jealous!! I want to go to Utah. Congratulations on graduation!!