Monday, February 9, 2009

The Sickies

So Heath and I have finally overcome the Texas Epidemic. It first started with him getting sick and then a week later me and then a week after that our friend Kira. Sorry Kira! I got it worse than them all of course thanks to my pretty non existant immune system. I had a visit to the doctor that ended with a nice shot in the bum and some antibiotics (my absolute enemy in this world). So we are finally well and loving it.

This weekend we ventured out to a neighborhood we've been looking at and took a peek at their homes. It is called Sendera Ranch and is located in Haslet, not too far from where we live right now. We loved a couple of the houses and they are actually in our price range. We were pre-approved for a home, but aren't pursuing it due to the lack of funds we currently have. I don't make as much as I should because of high insurance, FSA account, 401K, and taxes being taken out. So actually I am looking for a raise or a new job so we can get into one in the near future. It was fun to go look and realize that our dream of owning a home isn't that far away. The great thing about this neighborhood (if we stay in this area, it's all dependent on where Heath goes to school) is that it is like a little community. It is a huge neighborhood with lots of parks, pools, schools, and even a market center. It would be a great starter home and a great place to raise a family.

So we are just concentrating on saving money and looking forward to all the great oppurtunities in the future. We would appreciate your prayers for us concerning Heath's school choices and getting into school and also new job oppurtunities that have come my way. Thanks for your love and support!

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

I'm going to go ahead and guess that most people aren't commenting on this post because they are thinking to themselves "What? a house? But they are poor and sometimes need help to be un-poor." Well that and I'm pretty sure only like three people actually read this blog. Haha my response is this: we are just looking at houses, not buying, just looking, so nobody go and have a heart attack over our blatent ignorance over our financial situation....we are just checking things out for the future.