Wednesday, April 22, 2009

New Addition!


We are so excited to announce a new addition to our family......a beautiful white miniature schnauzer baby! (I realized no matter how I put it, people would think I was pregnant or something, so I just went with it). She was born early this morning (That is her in the picture above, they always look strange as newborns) and will stay with her mom until she is 8 weeks old and then come home with us. The breeder is in Oklahoma and so we'll get to do a little road trip to pick her up in June.

It was a crazy process though. I'm pretty sure I have about three new medical problems due to the stress and anxiety of waiting for these pups to be born. See you have to be put on an e-mail waiting list and then when the pups are born, the breeders shoot out an e-mail, and it's first come, first serve. We lost out on the first litter we were waiting for because I didn't realize how fast people responded. The first litter was born Tues around 3 a.m.. I responded at 7 a.m. and they were all gone! Crazy! So I set my phone up to text me when I received an e-mail from them so I could have a heads up, and I still almost lost out this morning and I responded within 6 minutes of getting the text (stupid laptop not being on!). I mean I was toting my phone, the laptop, and my check card everywhere with me. It was pathetic.

We are so excited though. It will give Ally a friend which I think she has missed. My older dog Missy (also a schnauzer) practically raised her and they were best buds and then she passed away. I think she has missed that companionship for a while now and that's why she has the seperation issues and stuff. Anywho, were really excited and can't wait to see her- her name is Sophie, we already picked it out, okay I did, because I have always wanted a schnauzer named Sophie. More updates on Sophie to come!

1 comment:

Little Blue Family said...

Precious! I am so excited you are getting a white one. Sophie and Max can have play dates.