Monday, June 8, 2009

Bittersweet

So I'll start with the sweet. We FINALLY heard from UT and Heath is happy to announce he is now a true Longhorn! We will be heading down to start school this Fall and couldn't be happier about it. Heath worked really hard for this (and had no faith in himself!-silly Heath) and I am just so happy he is going where he really wanted to be. We will be heading down to Austin sometime mid-August. So now we can finally plan and pick out a place to live. The only problem- there are a million apartment complexes there! Luckily my brother has been living in the area for like 8 years so we should get some tips from him. So that is the good news.

The bitter part is leaving. Leaving friends. Leaving family (my parents and of course Ben, Mer and my sweet nieces Syd and Malla). Leaving this place we know so well to go somewhere new. And most of all bitter, the decision to not purchase the puppy. With all the new fees about to come our way, we have just decided it would not be wise to add onto that financial burden with adding in another dog. I am so sad about this, but know it is the right decision. Bah, but not my favorite. So we are very excited and can't wait to experience all the new fun that Austin will provide for us. Thanks for everyones prayers and well wishes! Hook em Horns!

5 comments:

Kiera said...

I bet Ben and Mer will be sad to see you leave! Good luck with everything! We will miss you too!

JA and co. said...

Congratulations on the acceptance! Longhorns rock, I have to say. Maybe we'll be in the same ward (although Austin is pretty huge). And sorry about the puppy, but at least you still have one adorable one!

Meredith said...

Awww, I might be a little teary...so sad to see y'all go. Really and truly, we will be more than bummed. BUT we are so happy for you and glad that y'all can move along now and know what path to take. I'm glad Heath got it, way to go, we are proud of you Xhaxhi Heath (since that's just your last name!!!!) Love y'all! Taco Tuesday!

Joey and Kira said...

Congrats to Heath!!! I am glad that everything has worked out for you guys. You will get a new puupy another time!!

Unknown said...

WHAT?! You're leaving right when I move back?!?! Halla...that's not cool! Although, I am really excited for yall *cheers* Love you bad! XOXOXOXOXOX