Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Change of Plans

So we received a call yesterday offering us a deal on another apartment we had looked at a couple blocks away from the one we were planning on renting. They offered us 50% off the rent for 9 months. That brought the rent down to 373 a month!! 373! We couldn't believe it either. So we are going to take it, but there was a stipulation. We have to move July 18th instead of in August. That is next week! So needless to say we are going crazy packing and hopefully everything will pull together and it will be a smooth transition. It stinks that we have to leave early, but it will be nice to get an early start on getting used to living in a new place. I think we are just really excited about being on our own for once and not so dependent on the people around us. We love, I mean LOVE having family near by, but I think we'll do a lot of growing up as a couple out in Austin. I am excited for the change and the new doors this will open, and sad for the loved ones we will leave behind. I will miss watching Sydney and Mallory grow each day. They brighten my life, and it will be hard not to be near them. I will miss teasing Ben and my talks with Mer. I will miss dropping by my parent's and spending time with them. And I will definately miss all my friends here, because really friends are my life and they bring me such joy. But hopefully I will find all these things in Austin and we will be just as happy. I can't believe it is coming so soon. The apartment is almost all packed (thanks to Mom and Heath!). The days are speeding by. Soon we will be in Austin. I hope everyone knows how much we will miss them and appreciate what they have meant to us these past couple years!

2 comments:

Little Blue Family said...

That is so exciting, congrats! I'm sure you will love it down there and will meets lots of new and wonderful people. We will miss you but are super excited for your new opportunity.

Meredith said...

I will miss you.... :( I'm glad you can get an early start though, at least you will be settled in and not so rushed to get into your apartment, get ready for Heath to start back to school, find a job, etc. all at the same time....I think it'll be good. Plus the awesome rent, so great! :) Thx for the movie date, it was fun! Minus the severe belly ache I had Saturday night from too much candy (Butterfingers) and greasy popcorn! I so predicted that!