Sunday, September 18, 2011

Enjoying The Journey..

I had a great day at church today. I passed babies in the halls, I held babies to help out a friend, I saw parents with their kids and there was no pain, no feelings of loss, no sadness. I mingled with other Saints. I laughed and listened to good lessons. To most this may not seem extraordinary. In fact, it's extremely ordinary. But these past 4 years I have struggled with church. My heart dropped as we would pull into the parking lot. I felt pained as we walked the halls. I felt as every lesson talked of being a good parent and therefor I couldn't relate. It was a long 4 years and I never thought it would get better.
But it did! Not just because we chose adoption and all my problems magically went away, but because I chose to enjoy the journey. I know each second, minute, hour, and day is bringing us closer to being parents. But on the bigger spectrum I know each day is part of a journey that Heavenly Father has planned just for me.


“Life is to be enjoyed, not endured”

2 comments:

Crysta said...

Thanks for the uplifting reminder today, so true! :)

Kiera said...

I am so glad that you are so happy!!