Friday, September 30, 2011

Move along, move along...

Yesterday we went to do our fingerprinting for the adoption process. It's one of the last major steps before we move on to the home study. I can't believe how fast the process has gone so far. It has felt like months since we made that initial contact with our caseworker, but really it has only been 3 weeks! I started to panic yesterday thinking how fast it was moving. Most of that is excitement, but a little bit of it is apprehension. I think I figured it out though. With the paper work process we have control. We fill out the forms, we turn them in, we move on the next steps, etc. After all of that is done it is time to wait. I have all these thoughts like: what if we say the wrong thing? what if they don't like our pictures? what if we don't get picked? I feel like the nerdy kid on the sidelines wondering if they'll get picked to join someone's kick ball team. I'm trying really hard to push these thoughts aside and put my faith in the Lord that he will lead us to our birth parent(s) and them to us. I know in the end our birth parent(s) will love us for being us. I can't wait to meet them!

No comments: