Thursday, April 5, 2012

The Eagles!


(The eaglet by his nest. Taken with an iPhone through a telescope!)

This is the second time we have been to see the bald eagles in Llano. They come back each year to these nests and give everyone a good show. The eaglets hatched around my birthday- exciting stuff! There were two of them for 2012. One was flying when we were there, but the other did a lot of flapping but could seem to muster up the courage to take the plunge. That would be a hard thing to- take that leap of faith and learn to fly! Tis truly and analogy for life isn't it? There was this really nice guy there with multiple telescopes set up so everything could see the eagles up close. We got some decent pictures with our new camera, but you would defiantly need a much larger lens to get anything close up. It's always fun to see my dad's excitement at things like this. It stirs up the history, American loving side in him and seems to transform him into a young boy again. I'm glad, by doing things like this, he reminds me to slow down and appreciate the simple things in life. This birds are truly amazing looking though. So we spent quite a but of time watching them through our cameras and binoculars, but they didn't do much. So we did what any true Texan would do- headed to the local BBQ joint! In fact, it is our favorite place. Cooper's BBQ! After a delicious meal we headed back and got to see one of the adult eagles back at the nest and a little flying from the one eaglet. Always a good time with my family. I'm grateful that my dad and brother always find these odd things for us to do- so much fun!

(One of the parents flying by.)
(Dad looking like a true bird watcher)

(Me and my parents checking out the Eagles)

(Me and my Mom. Don't we look alike?)

(Heath and I enjoying the nice, sunny day.)


No comments: