Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Visiting Family!

Last weekend we went home to DFW to visit our families. We started Saturday off with a trip to the shooting range. I'm not big about guns, but Heath talked me into it and it was fun. The shooting range was really nice. We don't own guns so we rented one of theirs and went to the practice range to shoot clay pigeons (considering their disc-like I shape I wonder how they got that name).

Here's me in my expert stance :)


And here is Heath:



After that we went out to eat with my mom and did a little shopping. We got a gift for a family friend who just bought a house, my mom got our nieces/nephew an Easter outfit, and I bought my friend a baby gift for her brand new little boy. I used to hate looking at baby things. Now I love it. I touch the soft clothing and dream of the day when we know what gender we'll be having so I can go crazy spoiling them with tiny clothes. We have given in a couple times when we find stuff we cannot let go so boy or girl we already have a good collection going.

After that we went to Heath's brother's house to visit with his family. My mom gave the kids their gifts and we hung out a bit. Heath's other brother was also there with his wife. They are expecting a baby in October and we thought about how cool it would be if we were also placed this year and the babies could grow up together. We feel very blessed to have family so near and are excited for the day when our kids can play with their cousins. My mom and I left and Heath went with his brothers to see 'The Hunger Games'. We had already seen it so I opted to save the money and not go.

We also got to see my best friend Tami, her husband, and their 4 month old baby Jaxen. He was born last November and it was my first time seeing him. So much fun! He was such a good baby-just chill the whole time. It's hard for me sometimes to see my friends become mothers. It is bittersweet. I am so happy for them, but sometimes it's like salt in an already stinging wound. Infertility is like a chronic disease. Although I will never be completely free from its grasp I have slowly learned how to live with it. Also, some days/weeks/months are better than others. Mostly it is good though. I truly feel that the Lord has been preparing me for adoption all my life and I am giddy with excitement to meet our birth family. Infertility is painful. Deciding to place your baby must be a very difficult decision. I feel that adoption brings together these two families who have this unbelievable understanding for one another even though their circumstances are very different. I think about this all the time. I hope our birth mom knows how much we already love her. How anxious we are to begin this life long relationship with her. How even though we wouldn't wish this pain on her, we know adoption is Heavenly Father's plan for us, and we hope she finds us. The expectant moms click through hundreds of profiles online. It must be like picking a needle from a haystack, but I have faith that she will find us. It's an odd place to be. It almost feels as though you are trying to "sell" yourself as parents. I hate that. I feel like a cheesy car salesman. We simply want to be parents. We know that Heavenly Father wants us to adopt (and we feel blessed to go down this path). We have faith that we will be chosen.

Before I go I had to share a picture of our nieces/nephew all dressed up for Easter. They were adorable.


And we wanted to send a big Thank You to Heath's family for the surprise box of goodies we found in the mail. They were delicious!


No comments: