Wednesday, January 30, 2008

President Hinckley

I tried to write a post about three times on Monday about President Hinckley passing away. I think I figured out that I cannot express in words what President Hinckley meant to me or how I feel. As a young convert to the church he was like a distant grandfather to me and I hung on to each word that he said and wanted to do good in his eyes. I knew then and know now that he was a man of God, that he was ordained by God to lead us. He spent his life serving others and what a great example that is to all of us! I am truly thankful for a prophet on this earth and grateful to have known such a wonderful man in my lifetime.

I was just thinking yesterday about how lucky I am and how blessed I am to have such a wonderful husband who wants the same things as me and how much the Gospel has blessed our lives. I wish these were the things they reported on the news about LDS people. How happy we are. How blessed we are.

1 comment:

Meredith said...

I totally agree...he meant so much to me too. He was always the one person I was always overly excited to hear from him at Conference, he just always brought peace to my heart when I was feeling down. He'll be missed...hope to see y'all this weekend. We may be heading to the temple Fri. night (8:00 session) if y'all want to join us. Depends on how I feel but I'm doing much better today than yesterday so I'm hoping we'll be there...