Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Tough Love

Sometimes I feel like I have to be 100% fake, nice/upbeat all the time, and honestly, that just ain't me! I'm kind of a tell it like it is person. I guess I am just a little annoyed that some people constantly complain and let their downfalls/trials define who they are. That's just not fair to them and surely not fair to those who love them. I don't think people realize how much other people would probably like to be like them or have their life and sometimes they take for granted all the blessings they do have. Like an eternal family, a house to live in, an income....and much more. If there is anything I have learned in the past 7 years since joining the church it has been realizing how blessed I am. I am not saying I am perfect. I am not saying I don't complain. I'm just saying that most of us have it pretty good (I know I do!) and instead of letting shortcomings, or illnesses, or trials define us and hold us back....lets thrive on the many blessings that we have in our lives. I've been that person that fell away from the church to find myself and honestly all I did was realize how much the church meant to me....and the road back was long and hard and not at all fun...pretty painful in fact. I am not a very fun person, in fact I can be a pretty depressing person sometimes, but I don't let depression define me. I have, however , let the Gospel help me find peace with my depression. So what is the point of this long, rambling, probably a little rude or angry tirade......I'm not sure, but I am sure it has everything to do with this lesson. The Gospel is perfect, the people are not. You cannot rely on the people of the church to keep your testimony burning, you have to do something about it. I am guilty of this too. You cannot lean on the crutch that is someone elses testimony. Find your own. It's hard but so worth it.

2 comments:

Meredith said...

Amen, Sistah! :) Hope to see y'all soon...how is your week going?

Tara said...

Yayuh! I wish I could copy this and forward it to a few select people. BLEH! haha I'm so excited to see you soon! XOXO