Thursday, April 17, 2008

A Vacation and a Graduation-What a Celebration!

So we have finally decided on a place to go for "vacation". It isn't Albania. It isn't a cruise. We compromised and are going where we both like going.....West Jordan, Utah! We are going to go visit Heath's family for a little over a week, May 13- May 21. I am just glad we are going anywhere and it will be fun to visit Mom and Dad Breinholt again! We bought our plane tickets today and are very excited about it all. We are going to check out BYU and housing in case Heath gets in for Spring and do lots of other fun things too! It's kind of crazy considering we were just there for Christmas (although that seems ages ago) and because they will actually be coming down here at the beginning on June for Mallory's baby blessing. It will still be fun though! So yay for finally making plans and doing something about them. Although it is not completely finalized yet, but pretty much a sure thing, I will be graduating May 9th with my Associate's Degree in Health Information Technology. I have been fighting feelings lately of my degree not being fufilling enough for me (I honestly wanted a Bachelor's degree in Microbiology) but I know that this was the best path for my family and me and it will be well utilized and open up a lot of good job oppurtunities (when we need them). I guess I just see all these people younger than me getting Bachelor's and it kind of depresses me, but I am happy with this degree and for graduating (because I am sure there were a lot of people that didn't think I ever would :) ) I decided to not go to my graduation because seriously with the number of graduations I have attended under my belt I am just pooped out of any desire to attend another one (including mine!). So we are just going out with my parents to celebrate at a nice restraunt. Well that's the news with us. Hope everyone is having a great week. We love you.

2 comments:

Tara said...

BAD TIMING! I'm leaving on the 17th to drive home with my daddio...but I'll be there until the end of June, so we'll definitely have to play when you get back! I am imagining some play dates with you, me and Sydney! What do you think?!?! WAHOO! Good times! :) XOXO

Kiera said...

I wish I was going to Utah! I am so jealous. Have fun!