Monday, December 21, 2009

Or a dead lizard.....

Wow, so out of all the boring posts I've written, I thought at least the "We're getting a house" post would get more buzz. I must be down from three readers to one. Maybe this will be more entertaining, but I doubt it. We've been in Keller for the past three days or so. Friday we drove in and then Saturday we went to a Casa Manana play with Mer's family and the girls. I haven't been there since like elementary school field trips. It was a pretty cute play minus all the smoke in the air for the lights. My eyes couldn't breathe through all of it. Other than that it was the best seeing the girls light up when Santa would come out. Ah, to be young again.
After the play, we headed over to Mer's parent's house and hung out for awhile. Mer took the girls home to put them in bed, and Ben stayed with us so he could watch the Cowboys game. We decided to spend the night over at Ben and Mer's so we took Ben to my parent's to get our things. Heath took Ally out and she was acting weird after that. She kept roaming in a circle around the couch. Mom thought it was because she knew we were leaving. I was thinking, "The only time she does this is when she has snatched something up and knows she's done wrong." So she jumped on the couch next to me and I opened her mouth and behold, there was a small piece of a stick in her mouth. Looked almost like a root of a plant or something. Then I looked closer, my eyes got wide, and in my best disgusted girly girl voice exclaimed "Or a dead lizard!!!". I was holding in my hand a tiny, shrunken, dead house lizard....from my dog's mouth! Yuck. I promptly threw it away, washed my hands, and reminded myself to not get "kisses" from Ally for a long time. Dog's do the darndest things!
So after all that excitement Sunday we went to church and then headed over to our friends Scot and Amy's house. They recently bought it about 7 months ago and we have yet to go and check it out. We had a great dinner, had fun catching up, and had a little friendly competition on the Xbox. Good times all around. Looking forward to more fun this week. Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

Crysta said...

ok I almost threw up reading that....so super gross! I don't do dead animals!! Glad you had fun at Casa we were sad to miss it this year. That is ok, I only have one reader too. :)

Meredith said...

Oh my nasty...that made my skin crawl just thinking about it! Actually I had my own story about that last week - I was vacuuming the kitchen and there was a little gecko guy on that light brown rug we have next to the back door (that goes to the back yard) and so it totally blended in and I didn't see it and ran it over with the vacuum. The gross part is that all it did was pulled his tail off and there it was, all wiggly and nasty. Seriously, wiggling, not attached to the lizard. Eeewww, it was so gross. Must be the week of the lizard!

Jenny said...

I don't mean to "story top" or anything, but I have an excellent dog story from last week. My dog, Pippin and Jennie's dog, Izzie, were running around Jennie's house last week and Pippin asked to go outside. I let them both go outside and stood out there with them for a few minutes to make sure they both went potty. They did, so I let them back inside. I sat down for a few minutes at their kitchen table and I couldn't see anything but Grace's head and she looked fine. Jennie comes out of her room from getting ready and she notices a huge pile of poo by the door from Pippin. He is totally house trained and had just gone to the bathroom, so I was completely shocked. Then she realized the TRUE horror! Izzy had pooped right by Grace and Grace was sitting there throwing it all over the room and smashing it between her hands! We were both horrified. I felt like such a loser for not paying more attention to Grace! In hind sight, I should have put Izzy in her kennel because watching two dogs and Grace is a little much to do at one time! Thankfully Pippin has not done anything to animals, but I would be totally grossed out if he did!