Friday, December 11, 2009

We're homeowners!

Well, not quite yet, but almost! A couple weeks ago we put an offer on a house that was exactly what we were looking for. We have been looking at houses ever since we lived in Roanoke, but then we found out we were moving to Austin. Once we got here, we kept looking, but nothing in our price range ever came up in North Austin (there were tons in South Austin but that area is scary).

So one Sunday, I did my usual search in Pflugerville and only one house popped up. Very unusual since there are normally at least three pages worth of results. This house was so cute. One of those row type homes with the cute white fences. Then I looked at the price. Awesome. So we decided to drive by and check out the neighborhood. It was the cutest neighborhood we'd ever seen. So three weeks later and after a ton of paperwork, the bank has accepted our offer and we will close on January 5th! We're pretty excited and can't wait to have guests in our new home! Come visit!

Also, in other good news, Heath has survived his first semester at UT and came out with some pretty awesome grades. I'm so proud of him and super excited to have him home all day during his break. Although it doesn't do much for my productivity :)

Hope everyone has a great Christmas and love you all.

P.S. I'll put pictures up soon. Our only computer decided to die right after we found out about the house so I'll have to download the ones we have on Heath's phone.

3 comments:

Crysta said...

Congrats!! I can't wait to see pictures of the house. Way to go Xhaxhi, you guys deserve to have a few unproductive days!

Little Blue Family said...

That is wonderful!!! I can't wait until you move in...I am so happy everything worked out.

Meredith said...

Yay for the house, it's so cute, I can't wait to come visit after y'all move in!!