Thursday, December 31, 2009

We took home more than gifts this Christmas...

We took home the cold virus! Yep, we've done it again. Both of us have some nasty little upper respiratory yuckiness, although Heath is just a little congested and I've (as usual) got the full blown virus fun. So I have been trying to get lots of sleep and drink plenty of fluids which has left no time to blog about what an awesome Christmas we had. So here we go...

Thursday night we headed over to Ben and Mer's for our annual Christmas Eve Bash. This year we had the pleasure of having the J's, Cody and Bandaid there also. We had a breakfast buffet for dinner and I must say Jeremy makes the most awesome omlets ever. Then we let the girls open their gifts from us (and my parents) since we don't see them on Christmas day. After that, it was the Breinholt Nativity Christmas Devotional Spectacular via Skype. All and all it was a very fun time. We left a little earlier than we would have liked because surprise, surprise we had gotten snow that whole day and the roads were a little slick as the day went on. Us Texans don't do too well driving unless it is bright and sunny outside :)

Then Christmas day I fought the urge to wake everyone up at my parent's at 5 a.m. and let them sleep in until almost 8! Man, am I good daughter/sister/wife or what? :) So we got up and opened presents and hung out for awhile and then we got packed and headed out toward Wolfe City. My grandma and aunt wanted us to do Christmas with them this year there and so we packed the car with humans, packages, and dogs alike and headed out on the now thawing roads. My grandma wanted to do dinner at her house (which is right next door to my aunt's) so she prepared an all out feast for us all. It was a tough time for them as they were struggling through the holidays without my cousin Colin, but it was great being there with everyone. After opening presents at my Aunt's we went off to Gran's for some much needed rest (the whole waking up at 8 was catching up to us) and then we headed home the next day. That was also the day I woke up with the dreaded sore throat. After that we just lounged around at mom and dad's playing with our new trinkets. Then on Sunday we headed back to Austin so we could get some paperwork into our lender...... because we close in 5 days!!

So here we are in Austin, 5 days away from closing, and couldn't be more excited! We can't wait to be in our little home together and make it our own.

Wishing you all a Happy New Year. May all your dreams come true!

4 comments:

Crysta said...

Praying you guys can finally stay well... bummer! Looks like you switched with Mer and Ben this year. Last year was their sick year!

JA and co. said...

I just got caught up on your blog (I always fall behind during the holidays). Congrats on the new house, that's awesome! I bet y'all are stoked. Someday we really will have to get together :).

Tara said...

YAY! I'm so glad I got to see yall on Christmas Eve. THanks for snuggling with me on the couch...it was fantastical :) XOXO

Meredith said...

Can't wait to see your new house! Hope you're getting all moved in and unpacked!